About the Fire Science Driver/Operator Certificate
The Fire Science Driver/Operator certificate is designed to prepare the student to become a driver/operator of fire service pumping apparatus and hydraulics as it relates to the fire service.
Upon successful completion of the Fire Science Driver/Operator Certificate program, the learner will be able to:
- Describe principles and characteristics of hydraulics and operate fire hydraulic pumps currently in use in the fire service. Compute nozzle pressures and characterize related hydraulics problems. (FSC137)
- Deploy and operate fire apparatus and equipment and explain the principles and characteristics of water pressure. Identify types of pumps used in fire apparatus. (FSC138)
- Prescribe safety procedures for personnel operating in the fire ground. (FSC236)
- Direct firefighting operations to achieve maximum property conservation. (FSC238)
- Lead and manage functions and processes as the emergency scene commander. (FSC239)
- Determine factors and principles related to fire resistance, building codes and fire suppression issues. (FSC241)
Service Unavailable. We are currently experiencing a technical outage and will be back up shortly. Thank you for your patience.
Note: It is always best to discuss educational and career goals with an academic advisor prior to enrolling in any courses. Learn more about Academic Advising.