About the Gunsmithing - Advanced Certificate
The Advanced Gunsmithing certificate prepares students with highly specialized training in their choice in the areas of CNC machining, competition firearms, and guild firearms production.
Special admission to this program is required. Students should contact an academic advisor or the program director for detailed information.
Service Unavailable. We are currently experiencing a technical outage and will be back up shortly. Thank you for your patience.
Upon successful completion of the Gunsmithing - Advanced Certificate program, the learner will be able to:
- Safely operate hand and machine tools necessary for gun building. (GST 270, GST 280)
- Build traditional sporting firearms at a guild quality level. (GST 270)
- Build competition firearms that perform at or above accepted levels. (GST 280)
- Program and operate CNC machinery. (CNC 101, CNC 102, CNC 201, CNC 202)
- Operate CAM programs relevant to the firearms industry. (CNC 201, GST 280)