About the Video Game Developer Certificate
The Video Game Developer certificate focuses on providing students with skills in high level object oriented programming. Applications used for skill development are 2-D and 3-D video game applications for use on PCs, MACs, Smartphones, the Web, and commercial video game consoles.
Upon successful completion of the Video Game Developer Certificate program, the learner will be able to:
- Use professional programming development environment (IDE) tools to create and test object oriented programs. (VGD122, VGD171, VGD172)
- Create video games suitable for use on a PC or MAC. (VGD121, VGD122, VGD171, VGD172)
- Create video games suitable for use on the Web. (VGD121, VGD122)
- Apply refined programming concepts to game structure and assets to create a functional 3D Video game. (VGD121, VGD122, VGD172)
- Create code that incorporates elementary artificial intelligence into game coding. (VGD172)
- Use professional quality software tools to create static and animated 3D objects suitable for use in video games. (VGD151, VGD152)
Service Unavailable. We are currently experiencing a technical outage and will be back up shortly. Thank you for your patience.
Note: It is always best to discuss educational and career goals with an academic advisor prior to enrolling in any courses. Learn more about Academic Advising.