What is Volunteer Service?
Volunteer Service is essentially; non-paid, part-time work in your community. Many students volunteer as a way to build skills needed in their career pursuits. Interestingly, the current generation of college students has been recognized as the most volunteer-minded group in our country’s history.
Volunteering is a great way to ...
- Be involved in working with others when you are time-limited.
- Explore different work environments that fit your interests.
- Effectively build communication skills with different populations.
- Network with others in career-related capacities.
- Develop your interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Help out in your community too!
Volunteer a few moments of your month
- Sue Hotchkin
- Ph: 928-708-0100
Explore the possibilities of volunteering abroad with Cross-Cultural Solutions. Destinations available world-wide.
Volunteer opportunities are often arranged through community organizations
They sponsor and oversee the events or activities. Some ideas on making volunteer contacts include:
- Many human service organizations promote volunteering. They are often listed in the Yellow Pages.
- Communities often have human service directories that provide contact information for organizations that may have volunteer programs.. Contact your local Chamber of Commerce or Kiwanis Club for information on these publications.
- Your college professors may know of volunteer opportunities in research and career-related projects.
- Volunteer Center of Yavapai County: With an office located in Prescott Valley, they promote volunteer and service learning opportunities with mostly non-profit organizations in the county.