Aviation Application and Deadline Important Information
Enrollment in the AAS Aviation Technology Program is
competitive. Applicants must meet the requirements and deadlines during each
phase of the review process.
To be considered for acceptance, applicants must submit all of the following before the application deadline. Only
complete applications will be considered:
- Apply to Yavapai College (www.yc.edu/quickstart) and choose AAS Pre-Aviation Technology as your program of study.
- Complete the on-line Aviation application (www.yc.edu/sat)
- Provide copies of any FAA Ratings/Certifications earned, if applicable.
- Write an essay – this essay is heavily weighted in the selection process.
- Order all college and military OFFICIAL Transcripts and request they be sent to:
Yavapai College Enrollment Services
1100 E. Sheldon St.
Prescott, AZ 86305
All transcripts must be received prior to the application deadline.
- Complete college placement tests: www.yc.edu/skillsassessment
- Applicants who have not completed the equivalent of ENG 100 and MAT 082 or higher with a C or better must complete the placement testing.
- YC accepts ASSET, ACCUPLACER or COMPASS placement tests. For information regarding testing go to: www.yc.edu/v5content/testingservices.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact an advisor:
- Jake Webb: email@example.com
- New applicants: 928.308.5356
- North-Aire main number: 928.445.8320
Pursuing a career in the high demand aviation industry?
The Yavapai College Aviation Technology program may be your best place to start.
The Aviation Technology degree is a two year Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS) which prepares students for careers as helicopter or airplane pilots, flight service specialists, dispatchers, flight instructors, and airport managers. The degree also prepares students for the entrance exam into the FAA Air Traffic Control Academy in Oklahoma City.
Train for Careers on the Ground & in the Air!
Federal Aviation Administration TV - an education in aviation opens up exciting opportunities.