AAS: Pro Pilot - Helicopter
We are excited you're interested in YC and the Helicopter program.
This 2-year program is designed to provide students with the necessary skills and Federal Aviation Administration certificates to gain employment as a commercial helicopter pilot or flight instructor. Emphasis is placed on aeronautical decision making, flight safety and effective flying, teaching techniques. Instructional videos, in-class simulations, and one-on-one flight instruction make up a majority of the learning strategies of this degree program.
You will learn the basics of aviation, receive your pilot rating, learn instruments, commercial operations, and become an Instructor with the ability to teach new students how to become professional pilots.
Our partnership for our Helicopter Program is Guidance Aviation.
Degree: AAS in Aviation Technology
Associate of Applied Science Degrees:
The Aviation Technology degree program prepares students for careers in aviation as helicopter or airplane pilots, flight service specialists, dispatchers, instructors, and unmanned aircraft operators. The degree also prepares students for the entrance exam into the FAA Air Traffic Control Academy in Oklahoma City.
Note: Select one or more of the four concentrations. here is an alternate Airplane Operations Concentration plan available for students who are transitioning from the Helicopter Operations Concentration. Please contact Academic Advising for more information.
Aviation Application and Deadline Important Information
Enrollment in the AAS Aviation Technology Program is competitive. Applicants must meet the requirements and deadlines during each phase of the review process.
To be considered for acceptance, applicants must submit all of the following before the application deadline. Only complete applications will be considered:
- Apply to Yavapai College (www.yc.edu/quickstart) and choose AAS Pre-Aviation Technology as your program of study.
- Complete the on-line Aviation application (www.yc.edu/sat)
- Provide copies of any FAA Ratings/Certifications earned, if applicable.
- Write an essay – this essay is heavily weighted in the selection process.
- Order all college and military OFFICIAL Transcripts and request they be sent to:
Yavapai College Enrollment Services
1100 E. Sheldon St.
Prescott, AZ 86305
All transcripts must be received prior to the application deadline.
- Complete college placement tests: www.yc.edu/skillsassessment
- Applicants who have not completed the equivalent of ENG 100 and MAT 082 or higher with a C or better must complete the placement testing.
- YC accepts ASSET, ACCUPLACER or COMPASS placement tests. For information regarding testing go to: www.yc.edu/v5content/testingservices.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact an advisor:
- Jake Webb: email@example.com
- New applicants: 928.308.5356
- North-Aire main number: 928.445.8320
Aviation Helicopter Pilot Program
Yavapai College Students: Life Explored
Note: In viewing this video, you may be re-directed away from www.yc.edu to another site. Yavapai College is not responsible for off-site content.
Have a question or comment? Let us know!