Yavapai College Robot Camps
For the summer of 2014 we are running two four-day camps for ROVs.
The Yavapai College summer robotics camps for girls and boys are all about the bots. At our robotics camp you will:
- work in a team setting, learning the skills to build underwater robots and compete against skill courses, or against each other.
- Tackle daily engineering challenges and gain invaluable problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
Grades 7 through 9
Working in teams, students in the summer robotics camp who are entering the 7th through 9th grades will build ROV's. Remote Operated Vehicles are underwater robots that are piloted from the surface. Each team will design and build a ROV to complete the assigned mission.
Do you have what it takes to tackle underwater robot challenges?
Space is limited, apply today!
- ROV (remote operated vehicle: underwater robots) Camp #1 runds from June 2nd - June 5th and is for students entering grades 7 - 9.
- ROV (remote operated vehicle: underwater robots) camp #2 runs from June 9th - 12th and is also for students entering grades 7 - 9.
- These programs are FREE and will take place at the Yavapai College CTEC building located at 220 Ruger Road (across from the Prescott Airport). Camp hours are from 1-5 daily.
- To apply for admission. contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete forms should be faxed to Susie Check at 928.777.3142 by April 18th to be considered. Selected students will be notified by April 25, 2014.
- Questions? Contact the program director, Rick Peters @ email@example.com.