EMT Refresher Course: EMS211
Recertification Requirements for AZ State and National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT)
Click these buttons to enter into the EMT program
Note to all EMTs:
1) Arizona does not have reciprocal agreements with any other state or jurisdiction for certification. However, applicants who hold current and valid EMT-Basic certification in another state or jurisdiction may become eligible for Arizona certification. Go to the AZBEMSSDH to answer specific questions concerning EMT certification.
2) As a certified EMT in the State of Arizona, it is your responsibility to complete the required training courses in order to maintain your certification. Furthermore it is your responsibility to submit all required application materials to the Bureau, not your training instructor or employer. You will be held accountable. (EMT Certification information)
3) NREMT requires 72 hours of continuing education credits, a refresher class, current CPR card, and actively working. (How to Maintain your National EMS Certification
How to Find Continuing Education Credits
Continuous education credits may be obtained from the following sources:
- Refresher Courses
- EMS Industry Publications
- College course related to EMS
Requirements for Course Entry
- Copy of Photo ID
- Copy of Current EMT Card
- Copy of Current CPR for Healthcare Provider Level Card
- Download Student Demographics Form, complete the document, bring the form and copies of required documents first day of class.
- No specific textbook required
- Two (2) credit Course: 36 hours of Didactic and Practical Skills over a 4-day period.
- Students must maintain a minimum score of 75% and pass the Written Final Test with a 75% (failure to pass the final exam will result in a failing grade for the course).
- A final comprehensive practical skills examination will be conducted following the NREMT guidelines and requirements (failure to pass the final skill exam will result in a failing grade for the course).
Have a question or comment? Let us know!
Did you find what you were looking for? If not, what specific question(s) can we answer?
Please note: Personal information is confidential and will not be given out.