Paramedic Refresher Course: EMS255
Recertification Requirements for AZ State and National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT):
Click these buttons to enter into the EMT program
Note to all Paramedics:
1) Arizona does not have reciprocal agreements with any other state or jurisdiction for certification. However, applicants who hold current and valid EMT-Basic certification in another state or jurisdiction may become eligible for Arizona certification. Go to the AZBEMSDHS to answer specific questions concerning EMT certification.
Note to all EMTs:
1) As a certified Paramedic in the State of Arizona, it is your responsibility to complete the required training courses in order to maintain your certification. Furthermore it is your responsibility to submit all required application materials to the Bureau, not your training instructor or employer.
EMT Certification information
How to Find Continuing Education Credits
Continuous education credits may be obtained from thie following sources:
- Refresher Courses
- EMS Industry Publications
- College course related to EMS
Requirements for Course Entry
The Yavapai College requirements for entry into The Paramedic Refresher course are based upon The Arizona State Rules and Regulations and The National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians Standards and Regulations.
Pre Course Requirements:
- Copy of Photo ID
- Copy of Current ACLS Card
- Copy of Current EMT-P or EMT-I Card
- Copy of Current CPR for Healthcare Provider Level Card
- Download Student Demographics Form, complete the document, complete the document, bring the form and copies of required documents first day of class.
- No specific textbook required
- Class is three (3) credit class and 48 hours of Didactic and Practical Skills.
- Students must maintain a minimum score of 75% and pass the Written Final Test with a 75% (failure to pass the final exam will result in a failing grade for the course).
- A final comprehensive practical skills examination will be conducted following the NREMT guidelines and requirements (failure to pass the final skill exam will result in a failing grade for the course).
Have a question or comment? Let us know!
Did you find what you were looking for? If not, what specific question(s) can we answer?
Please note: Personal information is confidential and will not be given out.