Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support
EMS140: Organized approach to trauma care for EMTs and nurses who evaluate and stabilize the trauma victim. Stresses conditions which cannot be stabilized in pre-hospital environment and require immediate transport.
Click these buttons to enter into the EMT program
- Conduct an injury assessment in the pre-hospital setting
- Maintain the airway patency and adequate ventilatory status of the injured patient
- Recognize and treat the signs and symptoms of hypovolemic shock in the injured patient
- Identify those patients suffering head/spinal injuries that require spinal motion restriction
- Manage a suspected lower extremity injury using an appropriate immobilization device
- Select and employ the appropriate trauma treatments for the pre-hospital injured patient
- Discuss the most common blood borne viral illnesses to which EMS providers are likely to be exposed in the provision of trauma patient care
- Current EMT
- Current Pre-Hospital Provider
- Current In-Hospital Provider
Have a question or comment? Let us know!
Did you find what you were looking for? If not, what specific question(s) can we answer?
Please note: Personal information is confidential and will not be given out.