For more information, please email Stephanie.Kallam@yc.edu
We do NOT accept ONLINE CPR certification for the Allied Health programs.
Fingerprint Card Requirement
Please apply for your DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card ASAP! Click here for fingerprint information.
One of your options for getting your fingerprint card and having your prints taken is YC Campus Safety.
ADDITIONAL fingerprint information from the Arizona Department of Safety.
The college uses several different clinical sites. The program coordinator will assign you to a clinical site during the first week of class. The start time may vary from site to site.
TIPS: Before the first day of class:
- Purchase Navy blue uniform top and pants / white shoes. You may wear street clothes to the first class,
- Purchase Texts as soon as possible.
- Read chapters 1, 2, and 3 before coming to the first day of class.
- Lecture / Skills / Clinicals for a total of 136 hours.
PLEASE ARRANGE YOUR SCHEDULE SO YOU MAY ATTEND CLASS!!!
Required Textbook for Summer 2015
Mosby's Textbook for Nursing Assistants (soft-cover version) Text and Nursing Assistant Video Skills - Student Version DVD 4.0; Sheila Sorrentino, 8th edition, ISBN: 978-0-323-32397-0
- 3-pocket or 2 pocket (with bottom pockets) pullover scrub top (any brand) Color: Navy
- Navy uniform pants; NO JEANS, LEGGINGS, STIRRUPS OR SWEATS
- White, closed toe and secure heel (closed or strap), leather or vinyl uppers, low rubber heel. No clogs or canvas sneakers
Uniform Shop Locations
You may purchase online or at these local locations:
- Yavapai College bookstore
- United Uniforms, 470 Main Street, Cottonwood, AZ 928.634.1666
- Wal-Mart, Cottonwood, AZ
Jennifer Ritter MSN, CMSRN, RN
Completion of Certificate Programs
In order to post completion of a certificate program on a college transcript, students MUST complete an application for graduation. Students should apply at the beginning of their final semester. Contact Student Life for details.