YC Nursing Course Information
Please be advised that the Nursing assistant Program and the Nursing Program at Yavapai College require that your DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card be attached to your application. Please apply for your DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card ASAP.
1st Semester Students
NSG131 Required Books - Fall 2013:
You will use these books throughout your training at YC. Textbooks are listed in the order you will need, to help you prioritize your budget. You may purchase e-books in addition to your paper textbook. You may also purchase the e-book, where available, instead of the paper copy; however, you MUST be able to bring your textbook to class.
Click here to download NSG 131 textbook list file "pdf"
Uniform and Other Required Items
Nursing Program Uniform:
Required!Students need appropriate uniforms by week 2 of the semester to wear to the clinical site tour. No substitutions are permitted on uniform tops. It is advised that you purchase two uniforms.
- Cherokee, Mobb or Barco Brands scrub top, any style, color Hunter Green.
- The Yavapai College Nursing Program cannot endorse any uniform or equipment supplier.
Other Required Items:
- Uniform pants, Cherokee, Mobb or Barco Brands, any style, Color Hunter Green.
- White rubber-soled shoes or leather athletic shoes. Closed heels; no clogs or canvas sneakers.
- White lab coat – your choice of styles.
- Wrist watch with a sweeping second hand (not digital).
- Black pen – not erasable.
- Stethoscope with diaphragm & bell ($15-$30). Expensive model unnecessary.
- Pen Light
- Bandage scissors
Click here for a pdf file with the patch location for all semesters.
2 sets of patches will be given to you by Nursing. If you need additional patches, the bookstore will have them for sale.
Other Information & Resources
Textbooks for Other Semesters:
- 2nd semester NO NEW TEXTBOOKS. You will need your first semester Pharmacology textbook and study guide for NSG 210 and the Med-Surg textbook and study guide. You will purchase your Maternal Child textbook in 3rd semester.
- 3rd semester: You will add: 1) Maternal Child Nursing Care textbook (2) Maternal Child Nursing Care Study Guide (recommended) and (3) Intravenous Medications book. (4) A recommended purchase is an NCLEX-RN review book.
- Summer session and/or 4th semester: You will add books for Management and Mental Health Nursing.
Need a little help with stress & other mental health issues?