YC Nursing Course Information
Please be advised that the Nursing assistant Program and the Nursing Program at Yavapai College require that your DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card be attached to your application. Please apply for your DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card ASAP.
Uniform and Other Required Items
Nursing Program Uniform:
Required!Students need appropriate uniforms by week 2 of the semester to wear to the clinical site tour. No substitutions are permitted on uniform tops. It is advised that you purchase two uniforms.
- Cherokee, Mobb or Barco Brands scrub top, any style, color Hunter Green.
- The Yavapai College Nursing Program cannot endorse any uniform or equipment supplier.
Other Required Items:
- Uniform pants, Cherokee, Mobb or Barco Brands, any style, Color Hunter Green.
- White rubber-soled shoes or leather athletic shoes. Closed heels; no clogs or canvas sneakers.
- White lab coat – your choice of styles.
- Wrist watch with a sweeping second hand (not digital).
- Black pen – not erasable.
- Stethoscope with diaphragm & bell ($15-$30). Expensive model unnecessary.
- Pen Light
- Bandage scissors
Click here for a pdf file with the patch location for all semesters. 2 sets of patches will be given to you by Nursing. If you need additional patches, the bookstore will have them for sale.
Other Information & Resources
Textbooks for Other Semesters:
- 2nd semester NO NEW TEXTBOOKS. Your textbooks are included within your 1st year Nursing Textbook bundle.
- 3rd semester: This semester you will purchase your 2nd year textbook bundle. This package contains the texts and access codes for the required books that you will utilize during your third and fourth semester. Textbooks in this bundle are as follows: Maternal Child, Mental Health Nursing, and Management. It is also recommended that you purchase a NCLEX-RN review book. Study guides are optional and not made a part of the 2nd year textbook bundle. Study guides can be purchased separately through the Yavapai College Bookstore.
- 4th semester: NO NEW TEXTBOOKS. Your textbooks are included within your 2nd year Nursing Textbook bundle.
Need a little help with stress & other mental health issues?