International Students

Yavapai College welcomes students each year from outside the United States.

International students

To become an international student at Yavapai College, you need to:

  1. Provide proof of English language proficiency

If English is not your native language, you are required to complete the TOEFL - Test of English as a Foreign Language.

  • A minimum paper-based TOEFL score of 525 (or a score of 193 on the computer-based TOEFL or a score of 70 on the internet-based TOEFL) is required for admission.
  • The Yavapai College TOEFL college number is 4996.
  • Official test scores must be sent directly to Yavapai College from:
    Educational Testing Services
    (888) 863-3544 or (609) 771-7714
  2. Complete the Admissions process
Please read the Admissions Requirements
PLEASE NOTE: You must maintain at least 12 credit hours (full-time) at YC each Fall and Spring semester to remain in valid immigration status. Dropping below 12 credit hours may result in dismissal from the College and/or denial from USCIS for reinstatement.
  3. Obtain an F-1 student visa or provide an international student transfer form
The I-20 form (Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant [F-1] Student Status) is necessary to apply for an F-1 Student Visa. An I-20 form will be sent to you after the required Yavapai College Admissions documents have been received and evaluated by Yavapai College. You will pay the I-901 SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) fee when the I-20 form is received, then make an appointment with your nearest U.S. Consulate/Embassy Office. You will present your I-20 form with any other requested documents during your appointment. It can take several weeks to be approved for and to be given an F-1 Student Visa.
If you already are in the U.S. with an F-1 Student Visa and transferring to Yavapai College, an International Student Transfer Form must be completed and returned to YC with other required documents before your transfer can be approved
  4. Meet with an international student admissions staff member
You will present your original passport/F-1 Student Visa booklet, CBP Form I-94 card, and I-20 form to the staff member. If U.S. health insurance is purchased through your own source, you will also present that original document.
  5. Meet with an academic advisor and register for your classes
Before you register for classes, you will meet with an academic advisor for assistance in choosing classes. Your academic advisor is experienced in helping with the unique questions and concerns of international students. To get more information, visit this link to go to Academic and Career Advising