Yavapai College welcomes students each year from outside the United States.
To become an international student at Yavapai College, you need to:
1. Provide proof of English language proficiency
- A minimum paper-based TOEFL score of 525 (or a score of 193 on the computer-based TOEFL or a score of 70 on the internet-based TOEFL) is required for admission.
- The Yavapai College TOEFL college number is 4996.
- Official test scores must be sent directly to Yavapai College from:
Educational Testing Services
(888) 863-3544 or (609) 771-7714
2. Complete the Admissions process
- PLEASE NOTE: You must maintain at least 12 credit hours (full-time) at YC each Fall and Spring semester to remain in valid immigration status. Dropping below 12 credit hours may result in dismissal from the College and/or denial from USCIS for reinstatement.
3. Obtain an F-1 student visa or provide an international student transfer form
- If you already are in the U.S. with an F-1 Student Visa and transferring to Yavapai College, an International Student Transfer Form must be completed and returned to YC with other required documents before your transfer can be approved
4. Meet with an international student admissions staff member
- You will present your original passport/F-1 Student Visa booklet, CBP Form I-94 card, and I-20 form to the staff member. If U.S. health insurance is purchased through your own source, you will also present that original document.
5. Meet with an academic advisor and register for your classes
- Before you register for classes, you will meet with an academic advisor for assistance in choosing classes. Your academic advisor is experienced in helping with the unique questions and concerns of international students. To get more information, visit this link to go to Academic and Career Advising