Types of Aid

Yavapai College has many financial aid options including grants, loans, and scholarships.

Click on the links below to learn more about each option, or follow the steps to Apply for Financial Aid for more information.


Grants are gift assistance awarded to qualified undergraduate students demonstrating exceptional financial need (i.e., grants are need-based aid). Grants do not have to be repaid as long as enrollment for the semester in which you receive the grant is maintained.

  Grants Available at Yavapai College
  Applying for Grants
  Receiving Your Grants


All loans require the student to file a FAFSA.

Student loans are funds provided to a student for educational expenses and are considered self-help financial aid because you must repay the money loaned to you. Loans are the last type of aid for which you are considered, after gift aid and Federal Work-Study.

The Yavapai College Financial Aid Office has adopted and abides by the Arizona Student Loan Code of Conduct and the NASFAA Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct.

  Manage Your Debt
  Loans Available at Yavapai College
  Applying for Loans
  Receiving Your Loans


Scholarships are a type of financial aid that do not need to be paid back and are awarded on various criteria, which usually reflect the values and purposes of the donor or founder of the award. They can be merit-based, need-based, student-specific, career-specific and/or college-specific. The links below provide further information about scholarships offered at Yavapai College and tips on applying for outside scholarships.

Scholarship Resources - includes YC Foundation Scholarships and outside scholarship links

Curious Mind Grant - this grant will pay for 1 class and book necessary to an individual who demonstrates curiosity about a particular academic or personal interest area.
Deadline to apply: January 3rd, 2014

Champions Scholarship - Must be a current or recent ward of the Yavapai County Juvenile Court. Scholarships cover costs for tuition, books, and fees for full or part-time students enrolled in a degree or certificate program, or for those seeking personal enrichment. Deadlines: July 1 for the Fall semester, December 1 for the Spring semester, and May 1 for the Summer semester. If funding is still available, late applications will be accepted.