Learning Center Resources for Study Effectiveness
Sometimes it doesn't matter how much time you spend studying. If you're not "doing it right," you may just be spinning your wheels. Use these resources to help you improve and hone your study techniques to get the most out of studying, and to get better grades!
Session 1: Why Good Students Do Bad in College
Session 1 Handouts (print before viewing)
Session 1 Transcript for hearing impaired
Session 2: College Expectations & Textbook Mapping
Session 2 Handouts (print before viewing)
Session 2 Transcript for hearing impaired
Session 3: Applications to Individual Study Sessions
Session 3 Handouts (print before viewing)
Session 3 Transcript for hearing impaired
For more information, visit the LearnWell Projects web site.
- How to Get the Most Out of Studying - Excellent 5-part video series every serious student should watch
- What Professors Expect - Essential understanding for every college student. You're not in high school any more!
- How to Study - Lots of great resources on a variety of topics.
- Preparing for Tests - Because for many students, that's really what much of your studying is all about!
- Critical Reading- Fundamentals of critical reading and effective writing
- Academic Tips- Study tips, study skills, guides and tricks to help handle the stresses of college life.
- 50 Amazing Online Study Resources for College Freshmen - tackle everything from entrance exams to complex mathematical questions
Many of the links on this page will redirect you to a web site that is not affiliated in any way with Yavapai College. YC and the Learning Centers have no influence over or responsibility for the content of the pages, the reliability of the information, or the integrity of the links; use at your own risk.