The Yavapai Library Network includes more than 40 Yavapai County libraries. Shared technology provides access to materials from all the cooperating libraries - over 1,126,000 items! The online catalog allows you to locate and request materials that may not be at your local library. Couriers deliver library materials between the network libraries, so you don't need to travel to another library. Your library card allows you access to all of the YLN libraries.
- You must be at least 16 years old and you must be a resident of Yavapai County or a staff, faculty, or currently-enrolled student of Yavapai College, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Prescott Campus), or Prescott College.
- If you are less than 16 years old, your parent or legal guardian must be present to co-sign for you.
- If you are not a county resident, you can apply for a temporary card at the Circulation desk.
- Your Arizona driver’s license, showing Yavapai County address.
- Yavapai College, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Prescott Campus), or Prescott College ID card. YC Students must ALSO show proof of current enrollment (class schedule, or sticker on college ID showing current enrollment).
- A government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, military ID, passport) and A piece of mail showing proof of residency (a bill, bank statement, or personal letter that has your current mailing address in Yavapai County)
Items that cannot leave the library:
3-hour reserve items
Magazines and Newspapers
Electronic equipment (headphones, remote controls, etc.)
Courtesy notices are sent via SMS text message, e-mail address, or postal mail.
You must opt-in for SMS text messages through "My Account".
Notices are sent by email if there is a valid email address in your account.
Paper notices are sent if there is no valid email address in your account. All final, lost item, unresolved bills, and billing notices are sent through postal mail.
Make changes to your notification preferences by logging into "My Account" in the YLN Catalog.
There is no grace period for late items.
Price of item, plus a $5.00 processing fee
Fines may be paid to any YLN library that charges fines. However, lost and damaged charges must be paid by cash or check written to the owning library. Patrons may also call Yavapai College Libraries directly to pay by credit card.
You may return your items to any library book drop in the YLN network.
- Prescott campus: Book drops are located in the lobby of building 19 (Library/Computer Commons); at the Circulation desk; and outside by the curb in front of the library.
- Verde campus: Book drops are located in the lobby of building M (Library); at the Circulation desk; and outside next to the greenhouse, accessible from the parking lot of building L.
- Over the phone: 928-776-2260 (Prescott) or 928-634-6541 (Verde).
Please have your library barcode number ready.
- On the web: Access your Library Account.
- In person: Bring your library card to the Circulation Desk.
When you place a hold, the library that owns the item will send it to any library you specify when it becomes available. You will be notified when your hold is ready to be picked up.
You may place a hold on an item through the online Library Catalog.
You can also place a hold by calling the Prescott Reference desk or the Verde Reference desk.
The Library Catalog will give you an estimated wait time. Most items that are on the shelf will be delivered in 3-7 business days. However, it can take 7-10 days for some holds to be filled.
You will be notified by SMS text message if you have opted in for SMS notification at any library, e-mail if you have an e-mail address in your record. If there is no e-mail address, a notice will be sent to you by postal mail.
Items that have not been picked up after 10 business days are returned to their respective library.
When placing a hold, you have the option of choosing which library you want to pick up the item at.