The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
Explore, discover, develop, engage, and socialize with others of similar interests
Click here to Register for OLLI Learning Groups
Do not use the "Log In" on the upper right hand corner of this page - that is for credit classes
Our Summer session runs June 5-July 17 (no classes Fridays plus we are closed July 3)
Download our Current Catalog
We want to hear from you! Click here to download the SUMMER EVALUATION FORM
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) is a peer-directed organization within Yavapai College that meets members’ lifelong learning and social interaction needs.
YC-OLLI Mission - Click here
Prescott OLLI Mission
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) is a
peer-directed organization within Yavapai College that meets members’ lifelong
learning and social interaction needs.
The Institute recognizes the unique life experiences of its Central
Yavapai County Area participants by self-selecting involvement and
collaborative leadership. We share our talents, experience and skills in a
relaxed atmosphere filled with humor, wisdom, diversity and insight that enable
- Explore new interests.
- Discover and develop latent abilities.
- Engage in intellectual and cultural pursuits.
- Socialize with others of similar interests.
Prescott OLLI Vision
OLLI will continue to recognize the individuality of
its members by emphasizing and expanding peer learning and social interaction. OLLI
- Function as an “knowledge exchange” in which we utilize, appreciate, and
recognize the time and talent of our members as planners, facilitators,
organizational officers and committee members.
- Provide a wide variety of learning groups, workshops and forums, as well
as social and cultural events.
- Serve as an important resource and forum for the discussion of current
issues and concerns of its members
and the community.
- Incorporate current and future technologies into our offerings to
enhance the convenience and enjoyment of class participants.
- Expand our OLLI interaction both nationally and internationally.
- OLLI Summer session starts Thursday June 5!!!
- OLLI Headlines: OLLI is closed Fridays during the summer
- OLLI Headlines: New Summer Hours - 9-11am, Noon-2pm, 2:30-4:30pm
OLLI Membership details - Click here
Are you new to the Prescott area or looking for new experiences?
If you are, then the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) is the place for you! OLLI offers interesting and stimulating learning opportunities in a relaxed setting where members share peer-directed activities with others who are dedicated to lifelong learning.
There are no tests or grades! We offer a variety of events throughout the year providing opportunities for socializing. Learn more by visiting the OLLI National Resource Center.
OLLI is a membership organization.
$155 Deluxe Membership
- Take up to 4 learning groups per session at no additional cost.
- Additional learning group(s) at $25 each.
- Click for a scholarship application
- Split your $155 membership fee into 2 payments, over 3 months.
- Attend all regular OLLI activities.
$65 Basic Membership
- Pay $25 per learning group.
- Attend all regular OLLI activities.
Registration Information - Click here
- You can register
- * over the phone (717-7634),
- * in person (1100 E. Sheldon Street, Building 31 at Yavapai College in Prescott),
- * through the mail (1100 E. Sheldon St, PMB #6912, Prescott Arizona 86301),
- * or Online.
- Online Registration Link - Click Here.
- You must have internet access and an email address.
- If you are already enrolled with OLLI, or any other non-credit class through Yavapai College, you already have an account. Try your email address as you user name.
- The system will then allow you to reset your password.
- Contact the OLLI office at 717-7634 if you are having trouble with your user name or password.
- You must sign in with your user name and password, and have a current membership, in order to add OLLI learning groups to your cart.
- If you need to renew your membership, add a membership to your cart first, then the system will allow you add learning groups to your cart.
- Not sure of your membership status? Sign in, and click on “My Account”. If you have a current membership, you should get a pop up with your membership type. You can also view your history.
Need more help? Click here for the phone numbers of the various Lifelong Learning Programs across Yavapai County.
Volunteer Opportunities - Click here
OLLI is in need of a Finance
Chair. This person is responsible for - 1) preparing periodic reports to
the Governing council, including the source of all funds as well as their
application; 2) developing the annual budget for the Governing Council, and 3)
presenting the annual budget at the OLLI Annual Meeting. The term of the office
is July 1 – June 30.
OLLI is currently looking for members for our Membership Committee. The Membership Committee is responsible for conducting new member orientation before the start of each session, contacting members, and conducting occasional membership follow up surveys. Interested in getting involved? Contact the office at 717-7634.
OLLI is always looking for new facilitators. We offer "Thinking About Facilitating?" workshops each session - check a current schedule for the date, time and location. Contact the office for more information, 717-7634. A member of the curriculum committee would be happy to answer questions and assist in any way possible.
Governance, Committees - Click here
Prescott OLLI Governing Council 2013/2014: Barbara Mace (Chair), Ward Stanke (Vice-Chair), Joyce Bugola, Hal Freedman, Susan Gerhart, Marci Jones, Y. "Turk" Kangal, Bob Kane, Matt Lukaszewski, Chris Maxwell, Louis Schloss.
Committee Chairs: Vaughn Delp-Smith (Curriculum), Bob Walsh (Finance), Lucy Hanson (Historian), Barbara Mace (Long Range Planning), Membership (TBA), Chris Maxwell (Policies and Procedures), Lydia Garrett (SIG), Mary Scherer (Social), Matt Lukaszewski (Technology).
Policies and Procedures
Governing Council Minutes October 2013
Governing Council Minutes November 2013
Governing Council Minutes January 2014
Governing Council Minutes February 2014
Governing Council Minutes March 2014
Governing Council Minutes April 2014
Governing Council Minutes May 2014