Student Academic Support
Information regarding Incoming Transfer Students, Student Grading System, Students Holds, Calculating GPA, and other pertinent student information.
Incoming Transfer Students
Standards of Academic Progress
Student Grading System
Yavapai College uses a 4.0 grading system.
Calculating your Grade Point Average (GPA)
Manual GPA Calculation
- For each class, multiply the number of credits by the point value assigned (A=4, B=3, etc.).
- Add the points of all classes together.
- Divide by the total number of credits.
- "A" in 3-credit class: 3 credits x 4 points = 12 grade points
- "B" in 3-credit class: 3 credits x 3 points = 9 grade points
- "A" in 4-credit class: 4 credits x 4 points = 16 grade points
- Sum of 12 + 9 + 16 = 37 total grade points
- Grade Point Average is dividend of 37 divided by 10 credits: 3.7 GPA.
Credit for Prior Learning
Tuition and Fees
Click here for the current Yavapai College Catalog