Student Academic Support
Information regarding Incoming Transfer Students, Student Grading System, Students Holds, Calculating GPA, and other pertinent student information.
Go to the 2015-16 YC Catalog for the following. Click on either format, interactive or pdf:
- Incoming Transfer Students
Enter page 15 in the page search box
- Standards of Academic Progress
Enter page 42 in the page search box
- Student Grading System
Enter page 38 in the page search box
Manual GPA Calculation
- For each class, multiply the number of credits by the point value assigned (A=4, B=3, etc.).
- Add the points of all classes together.
- Divide by the total number of credits.
- "A" in 3-credit class: 3 credits x 4 points = 12 grade points
- "B" in 3-credit class: 3 credits x 3 points = 9 grade points
- "A" in 4-credit class: 4 credits x 4 points = 16 grade points
- Sum of 12 + 9 + 16 = 37 total grade points
- Grade Point Average is dividend of 37 divided by 10 credits: 3.7 GPA.