Student Academic Support
Information regarding Incoming Transfer Students, Student Grading System, Students Holds, Calculating GPA, and other pertinent student information.
Go to the Current YC Catalog for the following. Click on either format, interactive or pdf:
- Incoming Transfer Students
Enter page 15 in the page search box
- Standards of Academic Progress
Enter page 42 in the page search box
- Student Grading System
Enter page 38 in the page search box
Manual GPA Calculation
- For each class, multiply the number of credits by the point value assigned (A=4, B=3, etc.).
- Add the points of all classes together.
- Divide by the total number of credits.
- "A" in 3-credit class: 3 credits x 4 points = 12 grade points
- "B" in 3-credit class: 3 credits x 3 points = 9 grade points
- "A" in 4-credit class: 4 credits x 4 points = 16 grade points
- Sum of 12 + 9 + 16 = 37 total grade points
- Grade Point Average is dividend of 37 divided by 10 credits: 3.7 GPA.