Distance Learning Complaint Process for Out of State Students

Yavapai College is committed to resolving student grievances, complaints and concerns in an expeditious, fair and amicable manner. Students residing outside of the State of Arizona while attending YC who want to resolve a grievance should follow the College's Student Grievance Review Process, summarized below. However, if an issue cannot be resolved internally, you may file a complaint with your State. The Student Grievance Contact Information linked below provides phone numbers, emails and/or links to individual state education agencies.

List of State Agencies

State Agencies State Agencies State Agencies
Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
Delaware Mississippi South Dakota
District of Columbia Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

Student Grievance Review Process

A student has the right to lodge a complaint on any campus regarding an event that occurs at any other district site. In the event that a student has a complaint about a non-academic issue, the student needs to make an appointment with the Associate Dean for Student Services on the Prescott or Verde Campus to discuss the incident. Once the formal complaint has been made with the Associate Dean, the Conduct Officer will continue the procedures as outlined in the Code of Conduct on page six.


Yavapai College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.

State Authorization