Yavapai College Staff Association (YCSA)
YCSA is committed to provide selected volunteer representatives on the various district wide committees to be a voice for policy recommendations and to keep open the lines of communication.
- James Elphick, President
- Daintry Donovan, Vice President
- Angela Fabela, Secretary
- Alice Burroughs, Web Design
- Connie del Castillo,
New Hire & Prof Dev Liaison
- Karen Leja, Alternative Rep
October 7, 2015
First of all, we would like to thank everyone who voted in the election and to introduce our President, James Elphick, and the New Hire & Professional Development Liaison, Connie del Castillo. We look forward to serving the YC Staff in our new positions.
Second, on behalf of the Yavapai College Staff Association, the YCSA Board would like to extend a tremendous thank you to Andrea Annibale for her relentless effort during her tenure as YCSA President.
Finally, during the staff meeting that was held on Convocation Day there was discussion of establishing committees within YCSA. If you submitted your name as interested in working on a committee a member of the YCSA Board will be in touch with you shortly. If you did not attend the meeting but you are interested in participating on a committee please reply to this email and state which of the following committees you would be interested in working on:
- Service Excellence
- Community Service
- Social Events
- Administrative Governance Liaison
- Professional Development
- Employee Benefits
- Welcoming Committee
The YCSA Board
James, Daintry, Angela, Alice, Connie, & Karen
September 23, 2015
Would you like to recognize a peer for going above and beyond the call of duty? Please consider visiting our website www.yc.edu/ycsa to have a certificate of gratitude sent to them. It doesn’t take long and a simple “I appreciate you!” is usually enough to brighten someone’s day.
This is open to all staff members, full-time, part-time…it doesn’t matter. Let’s celebrate the hard work and dedication our staffers give every day! We look forward to seeing your nominations, and thank you for your continued support!
The YCSA Board - James, Daintry, Angela, Alice, Connie & Karen
President and New Hire Liaison
September 22, 2015
Please join me in congratulating James Elphick & Connie del Castillo as they join the YCSA leadership team!
Thank you to Shar and Shannon for being part of this process and for your enthusiasm in supporting YCSA. We are fortunate to have had such excellent candidates.
Over the past couple months the YCSA board has taken a close look at the summer survey results and is working hard at implementing many of the ideas and suggestions brought forth. This newsletter is our way of showing you we're listening. As the months progress, we'll be asking staff members to share stories and wisdom as well as suggestions for future articles and training. Please feel free to email the board at any time.
Current Edition - May 2016
YCSA Meeting Date, Agendas and Minutes
YCSA will meet at least once per semester, customarily on a Yavapai College Employee Day.
|Monday, August 12, 2013
||YCSA Agenda 8/12/13
||YCSA Minutes 8/12/13
|Friday, January 31, 2014
||YCSA Gen Meeting Agenda 1-31-14. pdf
||YCSA Minutes 1/31/14
|Monday, August 11, 2014
||YCSA Gen Meeting Agenda 8-11-14
||YCSA Minutes 8/11/14
|Friday, February 20, 2015
||YCSA Gen Meeting Agenda 2/20/15
||YCSA Minutes 2/20/15
|Monday, August 17, 2015
||YCSA Gen Meeting Agenda 8/17/15
||YCSA Minutes 8/17/15
| YCSA Explained
- What does YCSA stand for?
- YCSA is the acronym for Yavapai College Staff Association.
- Who belongs to YCSA?
- Membership is open to all full-time and regular part-time staff (please refer to HR policy 2.2.1 – Employee Classification and Status) of Yavapai College to have a voice in YCSA matters. They may vote, serve as officers, and are eligible for various committees.
- What is the purpose of YCSA?
- YCSA provides a forum for staff to discuss and promote ideas for the well-being of its members.
- What do the representatives do?
- The elected representatives of the YCSA are meeting to provide organizational Bylaws for members to review and adopt as well as provide tools for staff success through peer mentoring.
- When do the representatives meet?
- Currently, the representatives are meeting twice an academic year, usually held during Employee Day in the fall and spring. Meetings are run under the general Robert’s Rules of Order according to the adopted Bylaws.
- What about Committees and other actions?
- YCSA assists with planning & supporting the First Friday Training Sessions. Welcoming new employees is also an area of support provided by YCSA.
- The building of this website, which is updated through the Webpage Designer, is another action the members have taken.
Have a question or comment? Let us know!
We are here to represent you!
YCSA is launching a new Q&A webpage with the hope of opening lines of communication between staff and administration. We need your help!
Please submit your questions, comments or concerns, and YCSA will attempt to find an answer. All submissions will remain anonymous; only questions and answers will be posted.
Thank you for your support.