REC 112: HIKING FITENSS
Explore the splendor that’s right in your back yard. Enjoy the outdoors, breathe fresh air, and soak in the sights of the many and varied trails in the Sedona area, while improving your cardiovascular fitness.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Hiking to develop and maintain physical fitness. 1 cr hr. S/U grading only.
1. Principles of cardiovascular fitness
2. Backcountry travel techniques
3. Equipment and safety
1. Apply cardiovascular fitness concepts.
2. Evaluate personal cardiovascular fitness.
3. Use low-impact hiking.
4. Navigate through the backcountry
5. Apply safe hiking techniques.
Alternate Saturdays 8:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Dates: August 25, Sept. 8 & 22, Oct. 6 & 20, Nov. 3 & 17, Dec. 12, 2012
INSTRUCTOR: Trisha Travis
REGISTER NOW AT: www.yc.edu
For more information click here.