REC 131. Beginning Kayaking (1). Fundamentals of kayaking. Emphasis on safe entry and exit, paddle strokes, self and assisted rescue and rolling. Must possess physical fitness level for sustained periods of immersion and strong swimming ability. Two lab. S/U grading only.
1. Safe entry and exit on land and wet exit
3. Paddle strokes
4. Rescue techniques
5. Rolling techniques
6. Exercise adherence
1. Apply strategies for safe entry and exit.
2. Use paddle stroke and rolling techniques.
3. Apply rescue techniques.
4. Select and use equipment and resources.
5. Apply strategies for exercise adherence for healthy lifestyle behaviors.
1.000 Credit hours
0.000 Lecture hours
2.000 Lab hours
Schedule Types: Additional Activity, Lab
Physical Education/Recreation Division
Recreation Management Department
May not be assigned one of the following Student Attributes: