Residence Life at Yavapai College
Yavapai College offers on-campus housing for the full college experience.
Living on campus is affordable and offers many benefits. Living on of our two residence halls allows you to be close to you classes, the Learning Center, Library, Rider Diner, and the Performing Arts Center. Additionally you are near the weight room and swimming pool which are free to use if you are enrolled in PHE classes. Our residence hall community houses a diverse population which makes living on-campus an enriching experience.
The Office of Residence Life is dedicated to serving the students of Yavapai College, by providing a safe and positive living/learning environment which enhances student learning. Our goals are:
- To create a community where residents feel welcome, are safe, and feel like they are home.
- To teach life-long lessons on safe, legal, responsible behavior in relation to adult behaviors such as alcohol use, sexual activity, drug use, and bystander intervention.
- To foster an environment where residents are comfortable conversing with staff and holding each other accountable.
- To teach the RAs how to effectively manage a variety of situations including: mental health crises, emergency response, policy enforcement, and community building.
We accomplish this mission and that of the College by applying these principles:
- Provide a safe and secure campus environment for all students.
- Work with students to create a community which enhances academic success and personal growth.
- Plan an array of programs and activities that foster community and student interaction.
- Provide quality service and well-maintained facilities.
- Operate as a fiscally responsible department.
- Work in conjunction with other departments to support the College’s mission.
See our Housing Application page for more information.