About the Horticulture Science Certificate
The Horticulture Science Certificate program is designed to prepare students for potential careers in the horticulture and greenhouse industry including grower, nursery technician, integrated pest management, greenhouse management and entrepreneur.
Service Unavailable. We are currently experiencing a technical outage and will be back up shortly. Thank you for your patience.
Upon successful completion of the Horticulture Science Certificate program, the learner will be able to:
- Establish a greenhouse-growing program with timelines for flowers, fruits, and vegetables. (AGS 250, AGS 252)
- Integrate an IPM system for insect control in greenhouses. (AGS 250, AGS 252)
- Determine appropriate greenhouse styles and geographical locations for specific crops in the industry. (AGS 250, AGS 252)
- Implement a production management schedule. (AGS 250, AGS 252)
- Develop a marketing plan for a specific crop. (AGS 250, AGS 252)
- Utilize technology in crop production, marketing, and sales. (AGS 101 or CSA 126, AGS 250, AGS 252)
- Control a greenhouse environment through computer and mechanical means. (AGS 250, AGS 252)
- Manage a crew of greenhouse laborers. (AGS 250, AGS 252)
- Grow a hydroponics and flower crop of high economic value. (AGS 250, AGS 252)